Abacos Map with facilities and attractions.
Note: A topic with no bullets following indicates that there is nothing of this type available or that if it does exist no information is available. Email the Guide. if you have any related information.
Explorer Chart: AB-22
- Information provided by: SV Merlin - April 2009: Lat/Lon - 26°27.1'N 077°03.0'W. Small abandoned commercial harbor. 5-10' depth. Holding - Adequate in sand, but marl and thin sand in some areas - visual anchor set check required. Excellent protection from SE-SW-NW. Not scenic at all. Room for 5 boats or so.
- Note: This data is provided for information only. Navigation decisions are the responsibility of each captain and should be based on appropriate navigation charts for the area supplemented by local knowledge.
- Bahamas Area Websites. Sites that can be searched for tourist and business information throughout the Bahamas.
- This area was once the busy headquarters of the International Paper Company's timbering operation in the Abacos. A port and small town was sited here
- The paper company build much of the infrastructure in the local area including the major road from Marsh Harbour to the S part of the island, the airport, and health clinic. When the land was timbered out, an attempt to establish a sugar industry was short lived. The wreckage of the tanks from the factory that was sold away can be seen on the derelict quay - all that is left of the original operation.
Bank & ATM
Boat Rental / Charter
BTC / Batelco Office
Cell Phone Service
Customs & Immigration
- Report whale sightings to BMMRO! Bahamas Marine Mammal Research Organization; 242-366-4155; 242-357-6666; email@example.com.
- Friends of the Environment; 242-367-2721 / 0721; firstname.lastname@example.org. Based in Marsh Harbour.
- See: Environment & Ecology for Cruisers
- BASRA; 242-367-2226 / 3752; VHF Ch-16, Ch-20.
- Bahamas Red Cross; 242-367-0734. Marsh Harbour.
- Cruisers who need to be contacted in an emergency can receive an email if it is sent with contact information (boat name; persons name; cottage name) in the Subject line to: email@example.com This is provided as a free service by Out Island Internet.
- Police / Fire emergency phone: 919 or 911
- TowBoatU.S. Marsh Harbor; 242-367-4602. Service Area: 100 miles offshore. Home base: Rockledge, FL.
- VHF Ch-16 is monitored by emergency services and local authorities in the Abacos.
Golf Cart / Scooter Rental
Government / Administrator
Groceries & Produce
Hardware & Lumber
Internet & WiFi
Marina & Dockage
Marine Supplies & Parts
Marine Services & Repairs
Medical / Clinic / Pharmacy
Packages & Shipping
Post Office / Mail
Restaurant & Bar
Retail Therapy - Shopping
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
Things to See & Do
- Marine Weather Center; Daily SSB, webcast, & email forecasts by Chris Parker. Note: Best reception in this area is usually on 4045 KHz USB Simplex at 0630 AST.
- Bahamas Met Office website provides weather forecast for local areas throughout the Bahamas.
- Barometer Bob; an excellent website providing weather for the Abacos.
- Abacos Cruisers Net; VHF Ch 68 at 0815; provides a daily weather summary.
- FM Radio 93.5 MHz; Radio Abaco at 0630.
Topics: 19 Jan 12